Wednesday, June 5, 2024

CST 363 Week 8 Report

 Most Important Things Learned During CST 363: Introduction to Databases

  1. The most important thing learnt, if I had to choose, is how to work with SQL and MongoDB in Java. I really liked labs 19 and 21 for this, because we learnt quite a bit about how we can manage databases using Java. We were able to put everything together during these labs and really test our skills.
  2. The second most important thing I learned is how to write SQL queries, because this was the gateway into learning about databases. I think starting with SQL queries was a perfect way to get us to fundamentally understand how databases work. 
  3. The third most important thing I learned is how databases work beneath the surface. While theoretical knowledge like this may not be immediately practical, I think in the long term it will serve us well to at least be aware of how databases really work. I enjoyed learning the differences between relational and document databases, in particular.

No comments:

Post a Comment