Thursday, March 21, 2024

Week 12 Report

 CST 338 Week 4 Learning Journal

I worked with Guillermo Zendejas and Edward Torres on this task.

I first read the instructions and then commented on the methods with JavaDoc style comments to explain them. Then, I begin completing each method one by one, until they are all finished. Afterwards, I complete any debugging in tandem with running unit tests to assert correct functionality. Then I will polish the program for maximum readability.

Eddie starts similarly to me, with many todo’s inserted on initial coding. Eddie simply starts typing right away, until he encounters a problem upon which he will take a break and either research and/or think about it on paper. For Guillermo, he codes the methods one at a time. Guillermo does a rough mental plan in his mind and then begins writing the methods. Guillermo will also keep in mind what the unit tests require as he is coding, which is a good strategy.

I would experiment next time by running unit tests earlier during program completion, rather than after it is all written. This can help both with assignment completion and project functionality.

My program follows the Google Java Style Guide well, with no notable violations of the guidelines.

No comments:

Post a Comment